2018 Holy Cross Lutheran Church Scholarship Candidate Application
To Provide financial support to a student from Holy Cross Lutheran Church for undergraduate study at a technical trade school, college, or university
$500 for one year, payable to the school for tuition and fees. Students attending a Lutheran college may receive matching funds from Thrivent. Award recipients can apply for subsequent years.
All application materials must be neatly printed or typed.
- Students: complete the paper or online application.
- Attach or email a copy of your acceptance letter from a college or trade school.
- Attach a current transcript.
- Parents/Guardians complete the appropriate section of this application.
- Submit completed application by May 19, 201.
- Family must be current members of Holy Cross Lutheran Church and have been members for at least 3 years.
- Applicant must participate in Holy Cross Lutheran Church.
- Application must plan to enroll in a technical college, college, or university.
SERVICE AServes and demonstrates leadership in at least on ministry area: Worship, Education, Welcoming, or Social Outreach.
- Participates in worship at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, or at another Lutheran church if in college.
- Volunteers in community or school charity activities, i.e. Relay for Life, food shelf.
- High school/college extra-curricular activities, i.e. music, sport, clubs.
- Non-school activities and clubs, i.e. scouts, 4-H, music, dance.
- Parent/Guardian at church and in community volunteer activities.
- Maintains GPA of at least 2.5.
- All parts of the application filled out completely.
- Essay is well written.
- Thoughtful, sincere, and truthful responses.
- Overall neatness and clarity of application materials.
Applicant will submit one (1) letter of reference from an adult other than parent/guardian.